Our Cadet & Junior program is a fun and exciting 60 minute class usually taken regular 3 times in a week. This is the place for your child(ren) if you are looking for a top rated martial art program that emphasizes character development.
Classes are SAFE, fun and educational. We have a dynamic curriculum that keeps kids engaged and constantly seeing improvement! Incentive programs such as Academic Achiever, Black Belt Club and Demo Team reward effort. Doing well in school is encouraged and incentivized. Co-operating at home is expected and taught as part of becoming a Black Belt. Children are taught that Parents and Teachers are in charge. A "Student Creed" which emphasizes correct behavior, a positive attitude and never misusing Martial Arts is recited at the beginning and end of each class.
The skill sets taught are similar to the program listed above as well as the "four secrets of Martial Arts": Concentration, Respect, Self-Discipline and Perseverance.
- KNIFE DEFENSE - How to defend against various knife attacks.
- LEGAL WEAPONS - Using common items as effective weapons for defending yourself.
- CLOSE COMBAT - Hand to Hand Combat Tips
- SWEEPING - Knock an opponent to the ground with leg sweeps.
- GRAPPLING - What to do if you are grabbed by an attacker.
- THROWING - Learn which shoulder throws and hip throws are effective against certain types of attacks.
- GROUND FIGHTING - Most fights end up on the ground so these skills are valuable.
- BREATHE - Ancient art of breath control and relaxation.
Working on a regular Group Training session weekly, we carefully monitor your success and results to make sure that YOU are heading towards YOUR goals. This Program has been designed with your goals in mind, focusing on weight loss and fitness.
Our institute offers many benefits, while learning invaluable Martial Arts and Self-Defense skills for your safety and protection; you will be improving your Health, Fitness and Strength. By using your entire body, Fighting techniques and movements such as Punching, Kicking and Blocking provide excellent form of aerobic and anaerobic exercises. You will also develop greater concentration, reflexes, agility, flexibility, body coordination and balance. Aside from the physical benefits, mixed martial arts are great exercise for your mental and spiritual powers. You can gain a greater sense of Self-Confidence and Peace of Mind. It is also very method of stress relief, relaxation and weight control.
Mind, Body & Spirit :
Martial Arts and Self-Defense will help you discover, develop and use your previously untapped potential power of mind, body and spirit in your daily life.